Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Monday, February 25, 2013

Fly Me To the Moon

And let me swing among the stars,
Let me see what Spring is like on Jupiter . . . .

I am sure many people recognize those lines from the song best known for the version by Frank Sinatra. Well, welcome to life imitating art.




This picture was made as a composite of pictures taken last week right before the eclipse of Jupiter by the Moon. You can see Jupiter at the lower right. If you enlarge the picture you will be able to see some of the moons of Jupiter. Supposedly you are supposed to be able to see 3 of the moons, Io, Calisto & Europa (l-r). But I have only been able to find 2 of them.

This picture was taken by Greg Gibbs & is shared here under fair use for news reporting.

(Added 26 February 2013 @ 12:34 pm) After contacting the photographer, I got the location of the 3rd moon. Now I am asking myself how I missed it in the 1st place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse