Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, July 15, 2011

Covering "Of Thee I Zing"

Note: This is the 1st time I have probably reviewed a book cover. I advance ordered my copy & am eagerly awaiting its arrival. I was out at Borders & took a quick look at the book & decided I had to comment on the cover.


Below is the cover of which I speak.





As you can see, it is a riff of the painting by Emanuel Gottlieb Leutze with Laura Ingraham as Washington & co-author Raymond Arroyo as the soldier behind Washington who was holding the flag.. & while the polluted water catches the whole point of the book, my favorite part of the cover was the expression on Raymond Arroyo's face. I am not sure if it is one of pure shock, or a combination of shock & how in the theological place of eternal damnation did things ever get to this point?


After scanning the book I vote for the latter. From what I read I am sure the book will live up to my expectations & am even more anxious for my copy to arrive so I can dive into it. & I feel safe in recommending it in advance based on past experience with both authors.


Here is an audio excerpt from the book read by the authors that will give you a good idea of the content of the book:





PS: I figured out what Victoria's secret was a long time ago, Victoria is una putana!

1 Comments:

  • At 15/7/11 10:55 AM , Blogger TH2 said...

    Did not realize that it was Arroyo on the cover until you made the identification. The expression is classic. Before EWTN, Arroyo was an actor.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse