Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pro-Abortion Domestic Terrorist Arrested

This story has a very personal connection for me. I was involved in the investigation as he left several of his messages on my blog & I had to talk to the FBI about them. He had left a few messages last year. The 1st few were fairly low key. They were mostly arguing that pro-lifers were violent & put But by the end of May early June, they began to cross over into actual threats. They started saying things like "Will there be PAYBACK for Dr. Tiller? Will there be COUNTERTERROR against right-to-lifers? WHO will be the most effective and deserving TARGETS of anti-right-to-lifist counterterror?" In early June 2010 I found out that an investigation was going on so I contacted the FBI. I talked to the FBI agent & sent him copies of several of the messages. Later I got more messages & I passed them on as well to the agent. I decided to quit publishing them. He figured out I wasn't going to put any more up, so he quit sending them.
At that point I just occasionally checked out his blog to see what he was writing. The threats continued on his blog. I figured the FBI would do the best the could to track him down & knew it might take some time. & Thursday all the hard work the FBI agents did finally payed off.
Obviously, I didn't say anything on my blog about the investigation because I knew it was important to stay quiet.
I know some people will wonder if I'll be called as a witness. I don't know, but I suspect that at most what I shared with the FBI will be a part of the documents entered into evidence.
This story below is the post Jill Stanek put up on her blog. She was 1 of the people who being threatened by him. Having met Jill in April of 2010 when she spoke at the DBQ Co. Right to Life LIFE Dinner, I was even more willing to do what I needed to do to help out.
As Jill says, it isn't over. But he is in jail. & even with him in jail, there are still others out there who are just as willing to do what he suggested as well.

Also, I googled his name to see if the media had given the story any coverage. Other than the Pro-life blogs, nothing, nada, zip zero. You can be sure that if this had been someone threatening pro-aborts it would be the lead story with blaring headlines. As an interesting aside, I am not sure this is the same person, but I think it is. I am refering to a review of pro-life book by a Theodore Shulman that clearly is against the book.
On the other hand, the same Shulman that got arrested was mentioned in a 2010 article written by Matt Abbott.
Again, I am willing to bet that this will not get the coverage it deserves by the MSM simply because it will show who the really violent ones are. & it isn't the pro-lifers. & for the MSM that isn't a story they want out.

I received a call last night from an FBI agent in New York saying they had arrested pro-abortion domestic terrorist Theodore Shulman after several years of making threats to pro-life leaders.
Shulman, 49, is being held without bond at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in NYC, a Federal holding facility, for making interstate threats against two as yet unnamed pro-life leaders. Operation Rescue has more, including a voicemail Shulman left.
While the arrest was made in NY, FBI investigations of Shulman are ongoing in Wichita and Chicago. Shulman has threatened pro-life activists around the country, including Bryan Kemper, Gerard Nadal, Troy Newman, Fr. Frank Pavone, Lila Rose, Ken Scott, Cheryl Sullenger, Robert George, and me, among others.
Shulman’s blog is still live, where you will find a sampling of his threats, starting with the following lovely header. (The quote at the top of this post is also from his blog.) Click to enlarge….


Shulman went by many aliases when commenting on both pro-life and pro-abortion sites. (Note that the afore-linked pro-abort site left his threatening comments as OperationCounterstrike up.)
Other aliases included SoMG [his favorite - short for Spirit of Martin Gardner, a famous mathematician], DoctorDefense, TheoShul, and ExtremelyProLife. In 2010 Shulman also impersonated an East Coast microbiologist for a time, who contacted me and who I put in touch with the FBI.
In all we gave the FBI over 4,000 comments Shulman posted or tried to post on my site over the last 4 years or so. A sampling…




Shulman’s history is telling. His mother is Alix Kates Shulman, a pro-abort feminist who achieved some level of fame in the 1960s and 70s, during Shulman’s formative years, since he was born in 1961. Here’s Alix’s website. She is most well known for writing the feminist novel, Memoirs of an Ex-Prom Queen.
Alix has spoken of aborting 4 of Shulman’s siblings, “and not one was the result of carelessness.” Theodore has commented on these abortions, saying 2 came before him and 2 after. Shulman has one living sister, Polly, born in 1963.
This isn’t quite over, but at least Shulman is incarcerated.
My moderators and Kelli have been in on the FBI investigation for the entire time and have been a tremendous help compiling information, including IP addresses, and reporting Shulman’s comments, or attempts to comment. As you can see, moderating here isn’t just about conversing! I really appreciate them.


Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 26/2/11 8:19 PM , Blogger Patrick Button said...

    Glad he can't hurt anyone now. I don't mean to give excuses for this guy's behavior, but I cans see how his mother murdering four of his siblings could mess him up.

    Good for you for aiding the investigation!

     
  • At 26/2/11 9:32 PM , Blogger TH2 said...

    I was unaware of your involvement. You said you stopped publishing his messages... Can you provide a link or two to your posts where you did post about him?

    Going to tweet this...

     
  • At 27/2/11 12:20 AM , Blogger Al said...

    Patrick,I agree, as Jill pointed out, it is clear hismother shares a huge share of the blame for him turning out as he did. In the end though he still made the choices himself.

    TH2, Yeah, I got drawn in after I found out Jill Stanek had contacted the FBI through a mutual friend. Of course we didn't really say anything to keep him from being warned.
    I stopped publishing the end of June when he just kept repeating the death threat like the 1 I shared.

    Here are some of the ones I did publish to give you an idea of the range of his comments:

    http://al007italia.blogspot.com/2010/02/no-surprize-obama-budget-propsal-funds.html

    http://al007italia.blogspot.com/2009/06/you-mean-pluripotent-isnt-better.html

    http://al007italia.blogspot.com/2009/07/ok-they-claim-it-is-pro-lifers-who-are.html

    http://al007italia.blogspot.com/2009/07/of-abortion-providers-in-usa-going-down.html

    http://al007italia.blogspot.com/2009/08/gk-chesterton-on-church-in-world.html

     
  • At 28/2/11 12:24 AM , Blogger Al said...

    I got a comment yesterday. I opted not to post it because he was using this article to go into an antisemetic screed that is on the same level as those comments Shulman made.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse