Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day Gardner To Rep. Gwen Moore (D-WI): What's Wrong With Mayonnaise Sandwiches

Day Gardner is the head of the National Black Pro-Life Union. When she heard what Rep. Gwen Moore (D-WI) said during the debate leading up to the vote to defund Planned Parenthood, she was none too happy. So Gardner came up with a response that, IMHO, let Moore have it with both barrels:
"Let me get this straight; Rep. Gwen Moore (D-WI) says if the federal government stops funding Planned Parenthood, hungry, crying children will need to eat the Ramen noodles and mayonnaise sandwiches to fill their little bellies.
So, Gwen, what you are implying is–it’s better to fund an organization whose core business includes killing off our children by abortion rather than allowing the children to ‘suffer’ through the enjoyment of eating Ramen noodles?
Gwen, I am grew up one of seven children. My mother talks about how when we were little, she had to really stretch meals when times were tough for her and my dad. The funny thing is we all remember Mother as a greatest cook ever!
And just FYI: I helped raise my sister’s three children on a very mediocre salary. For three years our family of six included my son, two nephews, a niece and my husband and me. We all ate quite well on 70 dollars a week–that’s $10 a day. Gwen, I know 50 ways to cook pasta. Our meals were filling, cheap and very, very tasty.
Representative Moore, I have one last thing to say: Try this recipe. Cook Ramen noodles as usual–drain. Sprinkle the season pack over the drained noodles–toss and enjoy. Try the same recipe adding diced chicken, fresh veggies when available, but frozen or canned veggies work, too. Yum!
Oh, and don’t even get me started on mayonnaise sandwiches–a childhood favorite
."
I'll stick to Miracle Whip. That aside, Moore has ended up insulting a huge portion of the population that has had to stretch their food budget at 1 time or another, myself included. In addition Rep Moore would do well to remember that much of the best Italiano food came about because of the same reason, my peasant ancestors had to stretch their little food as far as possible.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse