Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Nanny State At Its Worst

I am not denying this town has a problem, it does. But to me this is the wrong way to go about it. In fact it is another example of Nanny Statism. It says "You aren't adult enough to be responsible for your own property, so we will have to baby sit you to be sure you do the right thing."
When I 1st heard this on Tuesday, I immediately thought "Nanny State". Then as I looked at their solution, police spot checking the cars, it brought up some other questions. I have to ask why aren't the police already doing spot checks? If they haven't had the time before, why will they now?
Also, if I am moving stuff from my car & have more than 1 load, I am NOT going to lock the door between loads since I will be right back. & I know I would not appreciate coming back & finding my door locked.
The other question I have is how bad a problem is it really? Is this a huge number, or a small number that looks big because the place is a low crime area over all?
This sounds to me like the township is dealing with the symptom rather than the real problem. & doing so in a way that doesn't protect as much as take away personal freedom.

Town mulls law requiring cars to be locked
WILLOW GROVE (AP) — Upper Moreland is considering whether to fine people who don't lock their car doors.

Commissioners are debating an ordinance that would require people to lock their car doors when parked in public areas — or face a citation and a $25 fine.

Police Chief Thomas Nestel says that since 2008, three-quarters or more of each year's reported thefts in the township are from cars left unlocked.

The Bucks County Courier Times reports that under the proposal police would do spot checks on cars in neighborhoods having problems with thefts from cars.

The owner of a car left unlocked would first get a warning and the door would be locked.

If it was found unlocked again within the next year, the owner would get a citation and $25 fine.

Information from: Bucks County Courier Times, http://www.phillyburbs.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse