Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Hyperbole Bowl?????

From today's Wall Street Journal: "It's too much for Minnesota to visit the New York Jets right now. Please call the Vikings and tell them to pack their purple carry-ons and drive back to the airport. Asking the NFL's two most preposterously overdiscussed franchises to meet on the second Monday in October feels like a wedge of German chocolate cake for breakfast. It's the Hyperbole Bowl. Barring a tie, one of these controversy magnets is going to win, the other will lose, and no matter which side you're on, you're never going to hear the end of it."

1st of all, what is wrong with a wedge of German Chocolate cake for breakfast?????????????
Smothered in coconut pecan frosting!!!!!
I could go for that, esp since it is a big favorite of mine.

Meanwhile, as a fan of both the New York Jets & the Minnesota Vikings, does this mean that I am doomed to never letting myself hear the end of it???????????????????
Or that I am going to get mad at myself when I discuss with myself what happenned, & thus never speak to myself again????????????

IMHO the real hyperbole is in John Gay's opening paragraph about the Jets-Viking game tonite.

Beyond that, in typical New York sports reporter fashion, he takes an interesting look at the game tonite. Esp at Bret Favre. Mr. Gay, I am 1 of those who is more than utterly sick of him. Given that I was not happy with Favre on the Jets team a few years ago or his then going to the Vikes, I would be very happy if he did finally retire & drop off the face of the Earth. & bluntly, I think John Gay let him off easy in the article as well.

But, as Mr. Gay points out, the real drama may be up in the broadcast booth & how various things involving both theams are covered. Unfortunately I do not have cable at home, so I won't be able to watch the game. Or the coverage of the various scandals etc.

That aside, what I would really like is for Favre to retire, the Jets & the Vikes win their respective conferences & has my dream Super Bowl finally take place. (Followed by a Mets-Twins World series as icing on the cake, German Chocolate with coconut pecan frosting of course!)


Source: Jets-Vikings: The Hyperbole Bowl

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse