Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, August 31, 2008

1 of My Favorite OT Readings

You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped;
you were too strong for me, and you triumphed.
All the day I am an object of laughter;
everyone mocks me.
Whenever I speak, I must cry out,
violence and outrage is my message;
the word of the LORD has brought me
derision and reproach all the day.
I say to myself, I will not mention him,
I will speak in his name no more.
But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart,
imprisoned in my bones;
I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it. Jeremiah 20: 7 - 9
I love Jeremiah's complete honesty with God. He lays it on the line & doesn't hold anything back. That is why he is my favorite prophet. There are times when I have felt exactly this way. This reading has given me the courage to be just as honest with God about my circumstances as he was. In fact there have been several times when these very words have become my prayer.

1 Comments:

  • At 28/1/09 11:18 PM , Blogger DoctorMom said...

    I used to do pro-life work, speaking engagements and other events. In fact, pro-life work led me to join the Church. However, I now feel that political schemes and laws are not much use against abortion. The NRTL runs around DC feeling important, and they spend a lot of money, but I don't think they've done much good. That kind of money would be put to better use providing for mothers, and supporting sidewalk counseling. If we can't change hearts and save souls, how do we expect mere laws to do it? I am Luhra Tivis, now living in my hometown of Enid, Oklahoma, formerly of Little Rock, Arkansas and Wichita, Kansas. I have a new apple mac and am learning to use it. My old email that I am phasing out is luhra.tivis@att.net and my new one I just set up is DoctorMom@suddenlink.net

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse