Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Bit About This Blog & It's Slightly Pazzo Author

Lately I've been seen a bit more activity on my blog, so I decided to reiterate a few things about this blog & what it is all about.
For those of you who haven't figured it out yet, I am a resident of the "state of DBQ" who is originally from Oelwein. I am proud of my Italian heritage. I am a Bond fan. My favorite president is John Adams & my favorite movie is 1776, hence the title of this blog. I also am a rail-fan. Among other things.
Obviously I am Catholic, Latin/Roman Rite. I deeply love my Church & Papa Benedetto. I feel that the Right to Life/Culture of Life issue is the prime issue of the day.
This blog has at its heart a deep faith in Jesus Christ as Lord & Savior. I believe the Catholic Church is the Church started by Jesus with Papa Benedetto as the successor of Peter.
Most of my posts focus on the Church & the Life issues. But I also do a bit with politics, esp as it applies to the Life issues. Politically I am a conservative, liberal (classic), moderate, libertarian. I also believe that a Christian has a moral responsibility to be an active aware citizen.
I also like to put a few fun things on here. In part that is to draw people to this blog who might not otherwise look at it. Hopefully they will then look at some of the other posts. Like St Paul, t some extent I try to be all things to all people to draw them to Christ.
So, you will see comments on political things like Pelosi's foot-in-mouth, a lot of Right to Life, a lot of discussion of tings in the Catholic Church, good & bad. I will talk about books (good solid faithbuilding/inspirational, some political, some economic. All hopefully to tie in with living out the teachings of the Catholic Church as found in the Catechism & Compendium of Social Doctrine. Not the moonbat CINO crowd's misrepresentations. & there will be just some fun books as well.) as my budget or the library allows. & then there will be the other things as I decide.
How do I decide what to post? That depends, sometimes it is planned & thought out. Other times it depends on the news, esp from Pro-Life groups or events involving the Catholic Church.
In the end, by everything I do, I hope to lift up Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse