Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Will The World End This Year? - 30 Oct 2008 To Be Exact

This is a post about the Cubbies. CUBS???????? I can hear you asking: "I thought you were a Mets & Twins fan?" I am. But Iowa is a hotbed of loyal Cubs fans, & with this being the 100th Anniversary of the last time they won the World Series, I can't let the season get underway without a comment on the "Lovable Losers".
This weekend there were all kinds of articles in the local paper, Front page, Sports, Lifestyles. All had articles about the Cubs, their fans, & what are the chances that the Cubs will end their 99 + year drought. According to an article by Clete Campbell, TH Sports Writer & long-suffering Cubs fan to whom I have given a bit of grief about the Cubbies to over the years, esp when the Mets have done well & whom I like to remind of the events of 1969: "The Cubs, who won the National League Central Division with an 85-77 record last year, look to have as good a chance as they have had in years to order champagne for a World Series party."
"As good a chance as they have had in years." Aaahhhhh, the optimism of long suffering Cubbies fans!
1 of my favorite comments about the Cubs is I like to say that they are the only team eliminated after the 1st game of the season. Well, the Cubs did lose Monday. & they didn't score until the bottom of the 9th.
Meanwhile the Mets & Twins both won. HAPPY, HAPPY, JOY JOY!!!!!
So will the Cubs actually make it? It is possible, even though the oddsmakers favor the Mets. Actually, I know some people are going to say I am being cruel, but I want the Cubs to wait until 2010 to win. Why? This is the Mets last year at Shea. Let them go out with a blaze of glory. 2009 is the Twins last year at the Metrodome & they deserve to also go out with a blaze of glory. Besides 2010 sounds like a nice round year for the End of the World!
HUH????????????
OK, I supposed I'd better explain. Many, many more years ago than I care to remember I came up with (or across, I'm not 100% sure) a joke to hassle my Cubbie fans.
Wrigley Field, 7th game of the World Series, bottom of the 9th. There are 2 outs, the tying run on base. There's the pitch. The Cubs player hits. The ball is going, going, heading out of the park. The world ends at that very moment. No Cubs win.
So, if the Cubbies make it to the World Series this year, then the world is scheduled to end on 30 Oct. 2008.
Do we really want that to happen?????
I didn't think so!


GO METS!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse