Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, March 28, 2008

If They Deny Christ, How Can They Claim to Be Christian?

"But the one who disowns me in the presence of human beings, I will disown in the presence of my Father in heaven." Matthew 10:33
"Anyone who disowns me in the presence of human beings will be disowned in the presence of God's angels Everyone who says a word against the Son of man will be forgiven, but no one who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will be forgiven." Luke 12:9-10
Or, in this case, they have not only denied Jesus, they have denied the Holy Spirit, God & Scripture. In other words, at this Church they have called 2000 yrs of Christianity a lie.
Who, or what am I refering to? In this case it is the Rev. Gretta Vosper & the Toronto parish she leads, West Hill United Church. Before, I go into details, I have got to say that if it wasn't so sad, everything they are claiming would be funny. I also realize that they would disagree with everything I am saying about how wrong they are. But, I will say it here & now, unless they repent & stop denying the tenets of Christianity, they WILL find out how real (as well as eternal) HELL is? They will find out that they have commited the same sins as Satan, pride & attempting to make themselves God instead of the real God. The word that most comes to mind in seeing what they believe is "heretic". & I don't use that word lightly. It also highly reeks of "New Age" updates of these heresies.
The Church has completely removed anything even hinting of divinity. For Easter it was hope that is declared to be resurrected – an expression of renewal of optimism and the human spirit. Yup hope, not Jesus. It is all about us.
According to the article I read: "There is no authoritative Big-Godism, as Rev. Gretta Vosper, West Hill's minister for the past 10 years, puts it. No petitionary prayers (“Dear God, step into the world and do good things about global warming and the poor”). No miracles-performing magic Jesus given birth by a virgin and coming back to life. No references to salvation, Christianity's teaching of the final victory over death through belief in Jesus's death as an atonement for sin and the omnipotent love of God. For that matter, no omnipotent God, or god."
Ms. Vosper has just written a book, With or Without God: Why the Way We Live is More Important than What We Believe. In it " she argues that the Christian church, in the form in which it exists today, has outlived its viability and either it sheds its no-longer credible myths, doctrines and dogmas, or it's toast."
What she, & a lot of others today forget is that all their claims are the same that have been made for 2000 yrs, & continually proven wrong. The Church can never outlive its viability. The doctrines & dogmas as well as the truths she calls myths are still credible, & still just as true. OK for those that deny they choice to reject their credibility. But the truth is still the same truth Jesus proclaimed 2000 yrs ago when He declared HE was the Truth.
I esp have to take issue with 1 of her claims, that "there's been virtually a consensus among scholars for the past 30 years that the Bible is not some divine emanation . . . . but a human project filled with contradictions and the conflicting worldviews and political perspectives of its authors." Funny, but I haven't seen that consensus in any way shape or form. What she is claiming is a lie, plain & simple. I suspect that we need to look at her definition of scholar. I highly suspect that by her definition you are only a scholor if you agree with her point of view. I suspect she would say that people like Papa Benedetto, etc, who uphold Orthodox Christianity have betrayed scholorship & thus don't count.
I checked out the (alledged) Church's website. It is a hotbed of selfish secular humanism. &, not surprizingly their latest book they are studying is by Peter Singer, the notorious Princeton ethicist who says even after a person is born that person doesn't automatically have a right to live. Recently, the reading was a writing by the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
This Church's entire doctrine is straight out of Hell. & they are providing people with an express ticket to Hell.
Another claim on the website is "We're just like you." No your not, not in the sense you mean. I belive in Jesus. I believe He died & rose again, & sits at the right hand of the Father. I believe all the doctrines of the Nicene & Apostles creeds. I believe "Sacred Scripture is the speech of God as it is put down in writing under the breath of the Holy Spirit." (Dei Verbum 9) I accept all the Catholic Church teaches as revealed in "Sacred Tradition" also. So no, I am not like you. I accept the TRUTH (aka JESUS), I don't reject it like you do.
I pray that God will have mercy on each & everyone of them at their church & lead them to the truth before it is too late. Not a single 1 of them is outside of God's mercy, unless he or she chooses to place him/herself outside of it. & even then, God will continue to reach out. I know they may resent this, despite claims of being non-judgemental, but I don't care. What I care about is their immortal souls. What I care about is the fact that everything they are promoting is ensuring their eternal damnation. I want them to realize the truth, before it is eternally too late.
I pray they stop listening to the false prophecies that they promote & listen to the true prophecies found in Scripture.
West Hill, despite your claims you are NOT meeting their needs. You are giving them false hope. You are ensuring eternal hurt. Please, turn away from your path & turn to the 1 sure means of salvation Jesus Christ who diedfor you sins. It is still not too late.

2 Comments:

  • At 28/3/08 10:59 PM , Blogger Sir Galen of Bristol said...

  • At 29/3/08 12:20 AM , Blogger Al said...

    Paul,

    I saw that post you suggested a few days ago. I see way too much of that attitude every day in supposedly Catholic DBQ. & I respond like I did to this Church in Toronto.

    Doing so has made me pretty unpopular in some places (includind with some in my own parish) because I have stood up & challenged the heresies, half truths & New Age garbage being promoted by these alledged Catholics.

    1 line in that post that really gets to me is this 1: “I mean, when it comes to being a Christian, believing in Jesus might be icing on the cake, but to be a follower of Christ, you really only have to be a good person.” This is the type of person our children's faith is entrusted to? Maybe she better go out & buy a copy of the recent catechism put out by the Vatican, Fr. Hardon's, the Baltimore or Trent catechisms & find out what it really means to be a Christain, let alone a Catholic.

    Anyone who knows much about Church history knows that these errors aren't new, just new packaging. But, they keep poppong up. & we need to keep battling them.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse