Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Who Does Obama Say That Jesus Is?

The answer is not what a real Christian or Catholic would or should say:



Here are the quotes from the interview (emphasis mine):

1st what he said about Jesus:

FALSANI:
Who's Jesus to you?

(He laughs nervously)

OBAMA:
Right.

Jesus is an historical figure for me, and he's also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher.

And he's also a wonderful teacher. I think it's important for all of us, of whatever faith, to have teachers in the flesh and also teachers in history.
You will notice there is absolutely no mention about him dying on the Cross to atone for our sins. There is nothing about Jesus being our Lord or Savior in any way shape or form in the answer. Like most modernists he turns Jesus into a teacher, nothing more.
CS Lewis dealt with this many years ago when he said: "A man who was merely a man and said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on the level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God, or else a madman or something worse. You can shut him up for a fool, you can spit at him and kill him as a demon or you can fall at his feet and call him Lord and God, but let us not come with any patronising nonsense about his being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." (Mere Christianity - Bk. II, Ch. 3, "The Shocking Alternative)
I think I'll go with CS Lewis take any day.
But the fact that Obama doesn't want or need a Savior shows up as well in his comments on the next subject.
Hell
OBAMA:
This is something that I'm sure I'd have serious debates with my fellow Christians about. I think that the difficult thing about any religion, including Christianity, is that at some level there is a call to evangelize and prostelytize. There's the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven't embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they're going to hell.

FALSANI:
You don't believe that?

OBAMA:
I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell.

I can't imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity.

That's just not part of my religious makeup.
1st of all, God doesn't consign anyone to Hell. he wants everyone to spend eternity with Him in Heaven. As the Baltimore Catechism put it: "God made me to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him in this world, and to be happy with Him forever in the next." But God has given us free will to accept or reject God's offer of salvation. Those who reject it condemn themselves. & maybe if Obama had spent any time really reading the Bible he would know that Scripture answers his objection about the Hindu kid. Romans 10:14-21 answers all that. God has revealed Himself in nature. & as the Catholic Church makes it clear, each person will be held responsible for their accepting or rejecting that revelation they did have, not the revelation they didn't have.
Now we get tho how Obama has twisted the definition of Sin:
FALSANI:
Do you believe in sin?

OBAMA:
Yes.

FALSANI:
What is sin?

OBAMA:
Being out of alignment with my values.

FALSANI:
What happens if you have sin in your life?

OBAMA:
I think it's the same thing as the question about heaven. In the same way that if I'm true to myself and my faith that that is its own reward, when I'm not true to it, it's its own punishment.


Here we have Obama's egoism at its plainest & purest. It is all about him & what his values are. This is also an excellent example of relativism.

Meanwhile, remember how Obama tried to distance himself from Jeremiah Wright after the truth about what he really stood for came out? Well, in this interview we have a totally different view of Wright from Obama:

FALSANI:
Do you have people in your life that you look to for guidance?

OBAMA:
Well, my pastor [Jeremiah Wright] is certainly someone who I have an enormous amount of respect for.

Add this to what he said elsewhere in the interview:

FALSANI
Do you still attend Trinity?

OBAMA:
Yep. Every week. 11 oclock service.

Ever been there? Good service.
But when things got about about the hatefilled rants & ravings of Wright suddenly Obama tried to distance himself from the very things he was praising in this interview. How can you go every week, claim the services are good & still deny you ever heard what Wright regularly said? You can't unless you lie. But then Obama wouldn't call it a lie since he was being true to himself, the Obamessiah!

& this is only part. the whole interview makes it clear Obama is anything BUT an authentic Christian, However I can't end without looking at 1 more quote that I think gives further insight into Obama's ego & how he views himself as the messiah/god:

FALSANI:
Do you pray often?

OBAMA:
Uh, yeah, I guess I do.

Its' not formal, me getting on my knees. I think I have an ongoing conversation with God. I think throughout the day, I'm constantly asking myself questions about what I'm doing, why am I doing it.

He says he has an ongoing conversation with God. Then he makes it clear who his god is, himself. He admits the ongoing conversation is with himself. I am having an ongoing conversation with myself, I am god. Yes, Obama sees himself as god. He sees himself as messiah. He is here to save us by bringing us his truths, his values. In the end he sees them as the only real truths & that we must accept them since he is god.
We all know what Scripture says about false gods & false messiahs & their end. In the end, they are destroyed. They rejected God & chose Hell. & this is where Obama & all those who put their faith in him will end up as well. Sorry, Obama, there is a Hell. & from what you have said, you are clearly on the high speed autobahn to eternal damnation. Fortunately, it is still not to late for him to turn off. & this is all the more reason why we must head the Biblical injunction to pray for those in authority.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse