Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

40 Days for Life Begins Today

What is 40 Days for Life?
Bishop Richard Malone of Portland, Maine offered about the best one-sentence answer I've yet seen: "40 Days for Life is the work of the Holy Spirit, a divine inspiration in the ongoing effort to end the plague of abortion."
And how does the Holy Spirit work? Often, in the hearts of those who join this effort to pray for others. When it comes to 40 Days for Life, expect the unexpected!
That message is clear in what people are saying about 40 Days for Life.
A blogger just posted: "As I sit here tonight awaiting the kickoff rally tomorrow, while holding my precious sleeping infant, I praise God for the gift of life."But she writes with mixed emotions. Six years ago, she became pregnant as the result of rape. She chose life for her son, and arranged for a loving couple to adopther child."
Six years later," she writes, "I still know and feel I made the right decision, but I miss him. So, tonight as I write this, I think about the women who go in for an abortion and wonder how I can make a difference. I realize that I can make a difference by being there praying for them, praying to God that their mind changes away from abortion."
She is thankful for 40 Days for Life "because I believe it truly touches the hearts of the women who come there for an abortion. I am eagerly anticipating the Lord's goodness in this fall's campaign."
Then there's Val in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, who expressed her thoughts in a letter to the editor of the local newspaper:
"Last spring I volunteered in the 40 Days for Life campaign. For 40 days I joined other volunteers to pray for the unborn in front of the Planned Parenthood clinic.
We didn't pray only for the unborn. We also prayed for the women facing unplanned pregnancies. We prayed that those facing these circumstances would consider other alternatives such as adoption.
My family adopted a child whose mother once faced an unplanned pregnancy. After making an appointment to end her pregnancy, she changed her mind when she encountered volunteers who were present the day of her appointment, praying on behalf of the unborn.
This child has been such a blessing to our family. God has a plan for each one of us, and I'm seeing that, especially in the case of this child.
This fall from September 23 to November 1, another 40 Days for Life campaign will take place. I hope many will come and join us as we pray.
Miracles really do happen."
If you haven't yet signed up to participate in the prayer and fasting, vigil, and outreach for this fall's campaign, please consider doing so. To find a 40 Days for Life location near you and get involved,you can visit:http://40daysforlife.com/location.cfm
40 Days for Life is the work of the Holy Spirit --working in and through each of us.
May God richly bless you, and all those you will touch with Christ's love, as you begin this 40-day journey!

___________________
For those who are not near a site where they will be praying, that doesn't mean you can't participate. I am not near a site & it hasn't stopped me. I pray daily for the success of the campaign as well as those sites in my state. 40 Days for Life is a proven success. Proven to save lives, proven to change hearts & proven to close down clinics.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse