Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, January 14, 2011

I Will Never Understand Why Our Parents Thought Our Music Was Bad

All we listenned to was nice fun innocent music like this in the 70s:



When they listenned to songs like this in the 40s:







2 Comments:

  • At 14/1/11 8:04 PM , Blogger Aged parent said...

    You are aware, sir, that Spike Jones was a comedian, are you not? Simply google his name and it will be all there for you to read. Jones' stock-in-trade was zany, crazy musical parodies which are still amusing today.

    A little research prevents one from contracting foot-in-mouth disease.

     
  • At 15/1/11 12:33 AM , Blogger Al said...

    Daniel, you might want to practice what you preach & make sure you know what you are talking about.

    1st of all, I have posted videos of Spike Jones before, I am a huge fan of his. I am also aware that much of his comedy was derived from taking hit songs of the era & doing them in a humerous way. Mairzy Doats was a #1 hit for the Merry Macs who were not a comedy act. & many others also recorded itSince, as I said, I am a fan of Spike Jones, I opted for his version intentionally. & the only person with a foot in the mouth is you for trying to make it appear like I am the idiot.

    2ndly, if you look at the whole post you will notice that the whole thing was done tongue in cheek & meant as a joke. Apparently you are lackinbg in the sense of humor department as well.

    In fact something tells me that this is your way of putting me down for other posts on more serious things by making yourself look like you are superior to me. Well you have failed miserably. So get over it!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse