Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, August 14, 2010

We Are NOT A"MEWS"ed!!!!!

Off with their heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At least that is what I suspect this poor cat is thinking.
This cat is 1 of a multitude of poor cats that were the victim of fashion show for cats that I became aware recently of thanx to LarryD (I'm Changing My Blog Title...). Theoretically, the show was to honor Matilda, the famous Algonquin Hotel cat, on her 15th birthday as well as to raise funds for North Shore Animal League America. & while I am all for honoring Matilda, IMHO this is NOT the way to do it.

Let me start by saying that like Papa Benedetto I am a cat person. I love cats. That having been said, the next think I must say is I consider this to be cruelty to animals. I think I am safe in saying that Papa Benedetto would be just as aghast at this "Cat"astrophic abuse of cats as I am. & if anyone tried to do this to his beloved Chico I can guarentee you that he would automaticly excommuni"cat" that person.

I checked out the pictures of the poor victims. & except for the few who decided this was a good time for a nap to forget the indignitites they were being forced to undergo, I don't think I saw a happy face in the bunch as these examples will show:



"Will someone please pass the catnip so I can at least look like I am enjoying this party?"



"If I hear 1 more Carmen Mew-randa joke, I'll scratch their eyes out!!!!!"

In fact this poor cat looks like he is ready to put a curse on them for putting him through all this:


I haven't checked the NY papers for the last few days, but I wouldn't be surprized to find out there has been a recent rash of mysterious deaths. If there is the NYPD would do well to check how many of them entered their cats in this show, esp if the people were covered with unexplained claws marks.

________________________
As 1 person commented @ Larry's post: "I'm just guessing here, but these people don't have human children, do they?!" & as another person accurately responded; "if any of the owners do have human children, those kids are probably playing second fiddle to the cats." Any bets to the contrary?

3 Comments:

  • At 15/8/10 11:57 PM , Blogger TH2 said...

    I did not know that Poe Benedict liked cats. I always learn stuff here at this blog.

     
  • At 16/8/10 12:33 AM , Blogger Al said...

    Yup, he has had a few over the years. During his time at the CDF he was known for his feeding of the stray cats in Rome. There are even some inconfirmed rumors he has 2 in his papal apartment despite Vatican rules to the contrary.

     
  • At 17/8/10 12:29 PM , Blogger Larry Denninger said...

    The blog post title is "PURRR"-fect!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse