Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Better Late Than Never

As those who regularly read this blog know, my place was vandalized last week because of my pro-life activities. I waited to see if it would even make the police report in our local paper. & when it wasn't in, I e-mailed the executive editor. I believe in going straight to the top. I got a response from him last Saturday. (More on that later)
This morning I had a call from a reporter @ the paper. I figured that any story would be published later in the week. A few minutes ago I went to the paper's website to check something else out & found they had posted it as New @ 1:48 pm this afternoon. 1 small mistake with the time frame. They did leave out some of my explanation why & they didn't make it clear that my quote was specificly about vandalism. Although for that last bit, if people read in abortion instead, fine with me. It is never right either.
Now as for 1 line in the e-mail. He asked me the following question: "Wouldn't you think a bona fide pro-choice vandal would know how to spell abortion?" (abortion was spelled aboration). I didn't respond to that question. But I do have an answer I may send later.
The answer: Yes. 1st of all, the sign in front of my place says nothing about abortion. This is someone who knows the connection between PP & abortion. This si somewho who knows I oppose abortion.
Then there was the fact that baby killer was also written. As I explained to the reporter (& she left out) that term is used by pro-lifers to explain what abortion does & how we see the abortionist. Something that have discussed on my blog.
I also would like to ask him that, if the reverse were true, & someone had vandalized the local PP & had misspelled abortion would he have asked the PP spokesperson "Wouldn't you think a bona fide anti-abortion vandal would know how to spell abortion?" I doubt the question would have even come up.
& I doubt the story would not have had to wait a week & 1/2 to make the paper either. Front page, with pictures.
Still, & not that I want to draw attention to myself, I am glad that it did finally make the news. Most of the time, we are painted, falsely, as the bad guys, when, despite what abortion supporters claim, we are usually on the receiving end. & those who attack abortionists are the on the fringe, not at the center like the abortion supporters who attack us.
Man believes vandalism tied to his opposition to abortion
By Courtney Blanchard

Police are investigating a vandalism case involving a man who believes his house was targeted due to his opposition to Planned Parenthood and abortion.
Allen Troupe, 701 Cedar Cross Road, reported that between 7:30 p.m. June 14 and 7 p.m. June 15, someone spray painted graffiti on his home, causing about $100 in damage.
The graffiti included the phrases “support abortion” and “baby killer.”
Troupe said he believes he was targeted because he displays a sign in his front window that reads, “Planned Parenthood: Bad for Dubuque” and blogs about his opposition to abortion.
“I don’t care what side you’re on, there are some things that are just never right,” he said.
No arrests have been made, and police are investigating the case as a criminal mischief and harassment offense.
_____________
Added 28 June 2010, 12:23 am: @ the time I posted this it was just up on the TH website. It did make the TH the next day, on the obituaries page, with no pictures.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse