Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, May 01, 2010

San Giuseppe Lavoratore


Icon written by Sr Petra Clare


Prayer to St. Joseph the Workman
Composed by Pope St. Pius X

O Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work conscientiously, putting the call of duty above my natural inclinations, to work with gratitude and joy, in a spirit of penance for the remission of my sins, considering it an honor to employ and develop by means of labor the gifts received from God, to work with order, peace, moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from weariness and difficulties, to work above all with purity of intention and detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account that I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, of good omitted, of vain complacency in success, so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all through Mary, all after thine example, O Patriarch, St. Joseph. Such shall be my watch-word in life and in death.
Amen.
Prayer for a who has a Laborious Occupation

O Blessed Joseph, who passed thy life in the painful labors of a humble profession, I take thee as my model and my protector. Obtain for me that I may bear patiently the pains and fatigues of my state, so that like thee sanctifying my labors, I May merit a crown in Heaven. Amen.
Prayer of May 1st
Collect for the Feast of St. Joseph the Workman (TLM)
O God, the Creator of all things, Who didst frame the law of labor for the human race, graciously grant that, bt the example and patronage of St. Joseph, we may do the work Thou dost assign us and earn the reward Thou dost promise. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son who lives and reigns with Thee in the unity of the Holy Ghost, one God, world without end. Amen.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse