Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Just Digging Himself a Deeper Hole

Jeff Miller has an interesting look at an interview Bart Stupak gave:

• The first rule when you’re in a hole …


… PICKET: Then how come you didn’t vote for Pence’s amendment to de-fund Planned Parenthood back in 2009?
STUPAK: I don’t think I ever voted to de-fund Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood does not do abortions…in my district. Planned Parenthood has a number of clinics in my district that provide health care for my people. Therefore, these clinics do quite well in my district, and I’m all for health care and extending it to everybody–access to health care, so that’s just another way. Also on Planned Parenthood , when they do it, there is a segregation of funds that go with it. It’s usually about four hundred million they tried to de-fund on Planned Parenthood. Maybe this time, I’ll look at it again if Pence brings it up. Maybe I’ll vote differently this time, but you’re right I did vote
[reference]against it.
Yikes. How about substituting “The KKK didn’t lynch blacks in my district.” And just what are those services Planned Parenthood provides in his district that are acceptable for a “pro-life Catholic” Congressman – could they be Sterilization education, Contraception and so-called Emergency Contraception? Or how about Abortion Referral provided by the Marquette Center Planned Parenthood Clinic in his district. Yeah they don’t do abortions themselves, but as they say “we can help you” get providers in your area that offer abortion services.
Hey maybe he can write his own bill to defund Planned Parenthood and then vote against it as he voted against his own bill. “I was for my own bill, before I voted against my own bill” thus surpassing even Sen. Kerry.
Oh and as for the segregation of funds concerning Planned Parenthood – money is fungible. That they do abortions is reason enough for them not receiving one penny and accounting trickery does not change this.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse