Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, November 20, 2009

This Is Not Only Just Wrong, It Is Blashphemous!

You are looking at the silver version of what is the silver version of the Purity Communion Host Dispenser. (Also available in white or gold.)






From the Purity Solutions website it is clear that this is not aimed at Catholic Churches. But I am not 100% sure that they aren't hoping for Catholic sales, esp with the fact that the source of their communion hosts is a Catholic company that makes them according to the requirements of the Latin Rite, " only pure wheat flour and water and are made strictly without additives". Or as Purity puts it "Ecclesiastically correct; no unleavening agent and are made with wheat flour." On the other hand, these may be ecclesiastically correct for some protestant churches, but there is no way thy could ever be OK for a Catholic Mass. Behold the Purity Body + Blood Communion Host:


You read that right, communion hosts with the wine already in them. Forget the worry of spilling the Precious Blood, no need to even worry about intinction. Never mind the fact that there is no way that this is acceptable (licit) for use in the Latin Rite Mass, Novus Ordo or not. But I can see some wacko priests who would go for this in a New York minute.
While I am 100% this is definitely not licit, I am pretty sure that since the wine is already in the bread it is not valid matter either, no matter what they intention of the priest is.
While I don't have problems with the Novus Ordo Mass when done right (as Fr. Z says: "Say the Black Do the Red"), using this type of host &/or the dispenser definitely isn't ecclesiastically correct. I can see some of those priests/liturgeists who thrive on liturgical abuse going for this whole hog, as I said. If I ever saw this at a liturgy, I would walk out, even if this was the last opportunity for attending Sunday Mass I had. I am no theologian, but I suspect that I would not be committing the sin of missing Mass as I made a good faith attempt & it is clear this wouldn't be a real Mass anyway.

Source: communion host dispensers make Baby Jesus cry...

________________________
Update 20 November 2009 @ 7:32 am: I just got done talking about the wine-host combo to a priest friend of mine who confirmed my suspicions that it probably wouldn't be valid matter. The term he used to describe what he thought of it was "nasty". With a matching look of disgust on his face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse