Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Story of Another Planned Parenthood Victim

The following is testimony given to the Pasco Planning Commission, June 18, 2009:
My name is Christine W. and I live [Pasco] and I am here to say that I don't want Planned Parenthood in our community, and I have very personal reasons for that.
When I was 16, I found out I was pregnant. I was terrified. All of my family and friends told me that an abortion would fix all my problems. So I went to the Planned Parenthood in Kennewick.
I was treated like a number. There were no loving, caring caregivers there!
After my abortion, my life just fell apart. All the things that everyone was worried about happening to me happened because I was so upset at myself. To me that wasn't a blob of tissue; it was a baby.
Our girls deserve better than this. Our sisters, our daughters, and our mothers. If we are truly caring people, then instead of asking them to choose between their baby and money, or their baby and education, or their boyfriend, or their husband, we should instead provide loving, caring support for those women.
I have talked to a lot of women who have had abortions, and the saddest thing I hear from them is: "If I had only known, if I had only known, I would have never done it."
That's the saddest thing, because it's a lifelong decision. You have to live with it for the rest of your life. Forever.
(Anna Franks, president of Planned Parenthood of Central Washington, who was also present at the meeting, was not solicited for comment or feedback.)
You can read Christine Weideman's full story here: "My (Unwanted) Abortion at Planned Parenthood of Central Washington" Praise God she was able to find help & healing through a program called Healing & Recovery After Abortion.
____________
As you may know, I have done several posts on how the DBQ PP tries & present itself. & how it has been shown to really be all across the USA.
I have my suspicions as to why Anna Franks was not asked to comment. But my support & prayers for success are with those who are fighting to keep PP out of Pasco. & while a PP clinic is never good, the fact that they want to locate it on West Court St. near Mark Twain Elementary School in a building, about 60-80 feet south of the school’s playfield, makes it all the more pernicious.
PP sees this is a prime location. PP is saying the same lies it has said here in DBQ & elsewhere to present themselves as something they are anything but to try & open by the school. If they suceed they know that the elementary school is a prime location for getting young people into their evil web.
At this point the vote is on hold. The Pasco Planning Commission was supposed to vote last Thursday, 20 August 2009. However they lacked a quorum. According to a news report, 5 of the 9 members were unable to vote for various reasons. (Pasco planners fail to vote on Planned Parenthood clinic) "One recused himself early on because of a potential conflict of interest and another had a family emergency and missed the meeting, Rick White, Pasco’s community and economic development director, told the Herald. Three other members did not attend June’s commission meeting when a public hearing on the issue was held. The commission’s rule of thumb is, “If you haven’t heard, you can’t decide,” White told the Herald."
It is interesting to read how PP presents things. As the article reports: "Planned Parenthood officials have said the clinic would provide reproductive health care services including cancer screenings and birth control and would not administer abortions.
“It would be like our sites in Ellensburg and Walla Walla, providing the kind of preventative health care that Planned Parenthood is really known for,” Brian Griffith, public affairs field organizer for Planned Parenthood, said after the meeting. "
Please note that they fail to mention that abortion services are provided at both sites they use as examples. & if this site is going to be like the other sites, odds are they will provide abortion services as well. Once again we are seeing PP's typical smoke & mirrors, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain way of trying to mislead so they can get in.
As I said, I pray for the success of those fighting to keep PP out of Pasco.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 26/8/09 10:38 PM , Blogger TH2 said...

    THE PLEDGE: "As a person of faith, I support health care reform, and I'm tired of shouting, disruptions and distortions preventing an honest debate. Over the next 40 days, I commit to doing my part as a person of faith to promote health care reform. I commit to taking actions like writing my representatives, attending events, and telling my friends about our efforts to make the faith community a positive force for health care reform."

    This has Orwell's 1984 written all over it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse