Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

More on My Recent TH Letter

The other day in a post, Recent Letter to The Editor I wrote, I talked about a letter I wrote to my locacal paper. It was interesting to see some of the comments I got.
1 of the commentators was big on the fact that "pro-choice" is not the same as "pro-abortion". He used a bunch of sophistry to say that I was ignoring the nuance between the terms. He said: "but I bet she meant pro-choice to mean something like, "I don't necessarily agree with the practice of abortion, but don't believe I should have the right to tell you what to do with your body.""
OK let's follow that logic with 2 other applications of pro-choice.
I'm not pro-slavery, I don't necessarily agree with the practice of slavery but I don't believe I should have the right to tell you what to buy with your money.
I'm not pro-murder, I don't necessarily agree with the practice of killing people, but I don't believe that I should have the right to tell you that you can't.
Doesn't hold up does it. Pro-choice is pro-abortion. You are in favor of it being legal. & besides, how does he know that his statement is what she ment?
Another comment: "Until the law, you know that stuff that the government sets, states abortion is murder then it isn't. " I went on to point out that the courts have gotten it wrong before, re: slavery. & 1 of those supporting abortion blasted me saying the law about slavery was changed. This is 1 of the people whao was blastine me for wanting to change the laws on abortion. He didn't realize it, but he made my point & totally undermined his. & the person I quouted at the start of this paragraph.
I came back with " UNIGrad said: "Until the law, you know that stuff that the government sets, states abortion is murder then it isn't." Following your logic, if slavery was still legal than you would approve of it & condemn anyone who opposed it on moral grounds? That is exactly what it sounds like you & Happy Guy are saying?" I never got a response on that 1.
But I stand by what I say. their arguement is if it is legal it is OK. Anyone with any bit of sense knows that isn't so. There are many legal things that are immoral. Slavery was legal. Killing Jews in Nazi Germany was legal. Did that make them right? (& before you go on about slavery being approved by the Bible, read the whole things, the limits etc that were aimed towards the end of getting people to eventually realize it was wrong. & the Catholic Church was the 1st to declare slavery was wrong & long before most history books claim they did. Read Tom Woods' book How the Catholic Church Saved Western Civilization & Anthony Esolen's The Politically Incorrect Guide to Western Civilization for the truth.)
Of course there was also the obligatory "I am a real catholic who is pro-choice". No you're not. You just are allowing Satan to delude you with his lies to the endangerment of your immportal soul.
While there were a few pro-life responses there was a group of pro-aborts who went to each of the recent pro-life letters, columns (amazingly, quite a few over the last few weeks) with similar responses to mine. They know the limits on space & could make their attacks without us being able to respond with te real "nuance' needed to fully undermine their bullet points (lies). & therein is the problem we face. They can use their bullet points & get away with it. The truth often needs something more, like Fr. Pavone's videos, to get the truth out. & even when faced with the facts about the harm abortion does you run into the "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with the facts!!!!" mindset.
But will those of us in the Pro-Life movement give up?
NO!!!!!
We will not. We will go on until we are no longer a "culture of death" but are a "CULTURE OF LIFE" instead. No matter how long it takes to get it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse