Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Not Over 'Til Its Over

Does someone want to tell all the TV pundits pontificating that 1 caucus & 1 primary doesn't mean that everything is settled? YES, Neil Cavuto does, but will they listen?

Pundits debating why pundits got it wrong.
This is what we have come to, my friends. The endless debate how so many endless polls missed it.
The Obama surge that wasn't, the Hillary surge that was.
Here's what I think: John Edwards was right.
I don't agree with all his views, but I agree with something he said last night.
Two states have voted, 48 have not.
Less than one percent of Americans have cast ballots, 99 percent have not.
Yet it's on the basis of what that one percent did that some candidates are doomed?
Says who? Pundits?
Mitt Romney's done because he only took second in two states?
John McCain's unstoppable because he won one state?
What are we talking about here?
A few hundred thousand voters, in a country of more than a few hundred million.
I know this is a game of momentum. But clearly not a consistent one.
Momentum said Barack Obama was unstoppable after Iowa.
Then he was stopped.
Momentum said Hillary Clinton was dead going into New Hampshire. Now more than alive and well leaving New Hampshire.
I don't know. This much I do know.
Write those praises and post-mortems in pencil, because they have a way of changing.
A pundit didn't tell me that. You, the voter did.
As much as I support keeping Iowa & New Hampshire 1st, I also realize that their job isn't to settle things, it is to begin the culling process & provide the much needed retail look at the candidates for the other states where it wouldn't be as likely to happen. & while some of what I write could be considered punditry, remember, it is just my observations & opinions. Unlike the media pundits, I realize I am falible. Something they often tend to forget, until thier errors blow up in their faces. Like New Hampshire. This is what I love about the system, it is the people that decide, not the elite. Although the people sometimes let the elite media fool them, with the internet etc, it is no longer so easy for them to do so. & that IS a good thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse