Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another Year Over - 2006

As I write this there is less than 40 minutes left in 2006 for the Central Time Zone of the USA. It doesn't seem possible that this year is over. In fact it still doesn't seem possible that we are now almost 7 yrs out from the start of the millenium (if you count 2000 as the start, not the real start of 2001).
A lot of people will be commenting on all the events of the past year. & there isn't much I can add to it. So, I will just put down a few thoughts about what I think were the high points of 2006.
The trip of Papa Benedetto to Turkey has to be 1 of them. There were many threats against his life, yet he didn't let them stop him from going there. It reminded me of Paul in Acts 20. As Paul was heading to Jerusalem it was prophecied that hardship & imprionment lay ahead. Some people tried to discourage him. Yet Paul knew it was God's will that he go to Jerusalem. So he did. Papa Benedetto knew it was God's will he go to Turkey. As I said in a post about the trip he knew that whatever awaited him there he knew he needn't fear. He was more concerned with obeying God's call to be shepherd.
Depending on your political view the 2006 election results were either a high point or a low point. I was anything but happy with most of the results. Although a friend, Steve Luken, did get reelected to the Iowa House, most of those I supported lost. This election was a lesson for the Republicans, stay true to your roots. Stop spending like a drunken sailor. It seemd like a setback for the Pro-Life Movement, but it wasn't all bad. Most marriage referendums passed. & the vote wasn't as much a vote against the Pro-Life stand (many Democrats presented themselves as Pro-Life) as it was against the spendthrift Republicans.
On a personal level this was a very interesting year. It wasn't without its struggles or sorrows. Yet I have to say that it was truly a good year. It has been a fun year surfing the blogosphere. I've found some new friends. I've discovered a lot of interesting sites, some I agree with, some that I don't. I've seen the good, the bad & the ugly. Definitely not boring.
As for 2006 I can sum up my feelings thus: "Thanks & praise to God for all His blessings!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse