Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Serendipity of Blogging & Surfing

Every so often you come across something that you aren't looking for at the time but are pleasantly pleased when you accidently find it (serendipity). This is 1 of those stories.
I was reading 1 of the blogs I regularly read, Thoughts of a Regular Guy. As I was scrolling down I noticed a sticker that said his blog was a finalist for the 2005 Weblog Awards. 1 of the other finalists name caught my eye, Mixolydian Mode. Scrolling down I came across an entry entitled Duck Amuck and beyond. It had a link to The 50 Greatest Cartoons (City Rag). So, this became my next link on my surfing safari. That blogger talked about an article he had found, The 50 Greatest Cartoons (Wikipedia).
The article talked about a 1994 book, The 50 Greatest Cartoons: As Selected by 1,000 Animation Professionals. The cartoons were limited to those produced in North America (Maybe a worldwide survey somone?). To be eligible for inclusion they had to meet the following criteria, they had to be under thirty minutes in length and cel animated (hand drawn on animition cels & not done by computer animation.)
I recognized most of the cartoons on the list. Many were favorites of mine, some I wanted to see but have never had the chance. Like any list based on opinion, it is somewhat subjective. There are some I would place elsewhere, others I would omit & replace with some I'd rather see on the list. Overall, I am happy with the selections.
The City Rag blogger was able to find links to all but 6 of them. Here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy.

1. What's Opera, Doc? Proof that Wangerian Opera doesn't have to be boring, or long.



4. Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century Daffy battles Marvin the Martian for Planet X



12. Rabbit of Seville Bugs & Elmer's 1st assault on opera that proves they have the chops for it.



20. Minnie the Moocher Cab Calloway's classic meets Betty Boop



38. Bambi Meets Godzilla Probably the shortest on the list, but when you see it you'll know why

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse