Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, March 27, 2015

A Reminder to Me of Why Ultrasounds are a Powerful Pro-Life Tool




This afternoon I was out at Wal-Mart shopping. I got into a checkout line. The woman who was cashiering started talking about how she was about to become a great-grandmother. I thought "How nice. But why is she telling me?"
She then began talking about the ultrasound the mother of her great-grandchild had recently had. Then it clicked. I was wearing a Pro-life button with an ultrasound picture. 
She went out to talk about the details of the 4D ultrasound. She talked about how she saw the hands & other parts of the body fully developed.with me about  She even modeled some of the poses her great-grandchild had been caught in. She was very excited & very proud.
She also talked about how much they had improved from the grey blobs that the pictures were many years ago when her grandchildren were born.
I made a comment about the importance of ultrasounds to prove they are not just a blob of tissue before birth. She agreed & told me she has always been Pro-life as well. For her, the ultrasound pictures were clearly a confirmation that she was on the right side of the issue.
As I finished paying & was leaving I congratulated her on her 1st great-grandchild. But I also began reflecting on what had just happened & why.
As I was driving home I saw it as a reminder of why I was right to support the use of ultrasounds at crisis pregnancy centers as well as requiring abortion clinics to perform them & show the mother the results. When women considering an abortion see the pictures, about 80% or more of the women reject abortion as an option & allow the child to live.
This is also why abortion providers are so opposed to the law requiring them to peform ultrasounds. They know the results take away a huge portion of their murderous business.
After I got home, another thought crossed my mind. This was a good reminder of the importance of wearing things like Pro-life pins as a silent witness. I am not sure what the people behind me thought because I didn't look that way. But I know they heard all that was said. If they were Pro-life, hopefully this would encourage them to be bolder in their efforts, or even make their 1st efforts. If they were pro-abortion, then some seeds were planted that God can use to touch their hearts. Who knows?, maybe down the road God will use what was said to prevent an abortion because of those seeds He used us to plant.
I don't know for sure the full fruit of what occured today. What I do know is that this is a powerful reminder of why even the smallest Pro-life things we do, like wearing a Pro-life pin can bear fruit far beyond what we can know or imagine. 

PS Her great-grandchild is due in July. Please pray for a safe & healthy birth.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse