Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Thursday, November 08, 2012

St. Paul on Being a Good Citizen & Faithful Christian in the Midst of a Perverse Generation

This was the 1st reading from Mass today (Roman Rite). When I read it, I couldn't help but think how appropriate it was for where we are today. IMHO, it shows how the Holy Spirit was working back in theearly 70s when the new lectionary came out. Back then God knew we would need to hear these Divinely inspired words given the current state of our nation.   

My beloved, obedient as you have always been,


not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent,

work out your salvation with fear and trembling.

For God is the one who, for his good purpose,

works in you both to desire and to work.

Do everything without grumbling or questioning,

that you may be blameless and innocent,

children of God without blemish

in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation,

among whom you shine like lights in the world,

as you hold on to the word of life,

so that my boast for the day of Christ may be

that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.

But, even if I am poured out as a libation

upon the sacrificial service of your faith,

I rejoice and share my joy with all of you.

In the same way you also should rejoice and share your joy with me.

-- Phil. 2:12-18

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse