Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Kellogg's Betrays Its Loyal Customers by Ruining Thanksgiving

Every family has its traditions for the holidays. Some of them include specific foods served for the family dinner. In my family, 1 of those traditions was using Kellogg's Croutons (later Stuffing mix) as the base for the stuffing for the Thanksgiving turkey. This was a tradition I continued after moving out on my own.
In fact, I also enjoyed eating the croutons as a snack. No other croutons came close to the unique taste of Kellogg's.
So, you can imagine how unhappy I was when I was shopping yesterday & was informed that Kellogg's has discontinued making them. Bluntly, it makes no sense at all that they would do something like this. Apparentlym they discontinued it before Thanksgiving last year, but I still had a couple packages I had bought earlier in the year so I was unaware until now that they no longer made it.



Naturally I went to the Kellogg's website & went over to the "contact us' page to send them a message letting them know my displeasure.  This is what I wrote: "I was just informed yesterday that you have discontinued your Stuffing mix when I went to get it at the grocery store. Needless to say I am anything but happy about it. Using your stuffing mix for the turkey has been a life long tradition in my family. & I see your discontinuing it as a betrayal to all of us loyal customers who have used it & would continue to use it.
It may be too late to bring it back for this Thanksgiving, but please bring it back."
I also found a couple of Facebook pages, no surprize, (here & here) calling for them to bring it back.  I doubt that Kellogg's will bring them back but at least I can publicly let them know my displeasure. I know not everything lasts forever. I have seen some brands I liked go by the wayside through mergers, bankruptcies etc., & this is apparently just the latest. Anyhow, I guess I will have to try & find some brand of croutons that comes close & do my best with some other brand.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/11/11 10:05 AM , Blogger Donna Delicada said...

    All I can say is with the ever changing world, family dynamics, and the the attitude of a new generation that seems to not hold to tradition or values from the past...Kellogs! Help us out here, Sometimes the stuffing is the one thing to look forward to!

     
  • At 19/11/11 2:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I think it's time we all put our money where our mouth is. If Kellogg's is unwilling to bring back a product that is so important to so many people, I say we quit giving Kellogg's our money for their other products. The stuffing croutons have been an important part of my Thanksgiving dinner for over 50 years and this year I'm considering not even having stuffing because I can't find anything comparable. When Kellogg's has a product that so many love for its taste, as well as for sentimental reasons, they should keep it on the market even if they don't make money on it. If they're not willing to do that, then I'm not willing to continue to give them my money for any of their other products. If they won't bring it back for our sakes, maybe they'll bring it back if their bottom line takes a hit. Their brands include Austin, Carr's, Cheez-It, Famous Amos, Keebler, Morning Star, Worthington and Murray. Just Say No!

     
  • At 19/11/11 2:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I think it's time we all put our money where our mouth is. If Kellogg's is unwilling to bring back a product that is so important to so many people, I say we quit giving Kellogg's our money for their other products. The stuffing croutons have been an important part of my Thanksgiving dinner for over 50 years and this year I'm considering not even having stuffing because I can't find anything comparable. When Kellogg's has a product that so many love for its taste, as well as for sentimental reasons, they should keep it on the market even if they don't make money on it. If they're not willing to do that, then I'm not willing to continue to give them my money for any of their other products. If they won't bring it back for our sakes, maybe they'll bring it back if their bottom line takes a hit. Their brands include Austin, Carr's, Cheez-It, Famous Amos, Keebler, Morning Star, Worthington and Murray. Just Say No!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse