Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Buona Festa di Santa Lucia

(Photo source: Happy St. Lucy's Day)








_________________
For those who don't get it. According to legend, Santa Lucia had her eyes put out before she was martyred. But her eyes miraculously restored. That is why she is the patron saint of the blind & people ask her intercession to protect their eyesight. & OK, I know some people may not get the song other than the name. The song is about the waterfront district of Napoli that was named in her honor. & it talks about viewing the beauty of the stars & sea there. (check out lyrics here) So it does count. & if you still disagree, take it up with her as I am sure she will agree with me.
Prayer to Saint Lucy of Syracuse
Saint Lucy, your beautiful name signifies light. By the light of faith which God bestowed upon you, increase and preserve this light in my soul so that I may avoid evil, be zealous in the performance of good works, and abhor nothing so much as the blindness and the darkness of evil and of sin. By your intercession with God, obtain for me perfect vision for my bodily eyes and the grace to use thme for God's greater honor and glory and the salvation of all men. Saint Lucy, virgin and martyr, hear my prayers and obtain my petitions. Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse