Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, September 28, 2008

il Buono, il Brutto, il Cattivo

(The Good, the Ugly, The Bad)
After writing my post on the goings on in Louisiana with LaBruzzo, I was feeling more than a little disgusted with some of the things I was seeing going on in the "culture of death". & while I was seeing some good things, like the news from the kick-off of 40 Days for Life, it seems like the bad news was almost overwhelming. It is like they were rushing to try & outdo one another in evil.
Then I had a chance to read Judie Brown's latest post on her blog (GLOOMY GUS WOULD BE IN TEARS!) In it she talked about many of the same things that were bothering me. In a way it was encouraging to know that it wasn't just me seeing these things.
I also got thinking about how clear the battle lines have become over the past few months. Those promoting the "culture of death" are getting bolder. They are on the side of bad & the things they are promoting are ugly. They are the ones who are openly promoting euthanasia, Baronees Warnock, letting newborns die, Peter Singer, letting those who survive an abortion die, Obama et al, Planned Parenthood'svarious crimes. I could go on & on about the bad & ugly.
But I realize that we have to be thankful that there is plenty of positives as well. Gov. Palin's son Trig shows us that every human being has value. All the calls to prayer & repentance leading up to the election show us that God's people are hearing & answering His call. Again, all that is going on with the 40 Days campaign. The ballot referendums in South Dakota & Colorado that are strongly Pro-Life in nature shows that we are fighting back. Bishops speaking out to correct Catholic politicians when they misrepresent the Church's teachings. These people & events are the good that way too often gets overshadowed by the bad & ugly.
I intend to go on pointing out the bad & ugly to bring it into the light of God's truth. I intend to keep telling the good so that we can be encouraged. I will keep calling us to prayer, fasting & repentance so we can be sure we are on God's side & letting Him work through us.
I won't be able to cover everything, no 1 of us can. But I will try to do my best to listen to God & speak out where He wants. Some of it will be about the political scene. Some will be just some fun things as well. But above all, I pray that I will continue to be used by God to bring Him praise, honor & glory.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse