Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, April 06, 2008

THE BOND CODE?????

Most people are familiar with the biggest fraud of the 21st Century, The Da Vinci Code. Now there is a new book out called The Bond Code by Philip Gardiner that makes the claim that the James Bond novels by Ian Fleming contain their own set of occult codes.
According to the author: "The stories of James Bond are not just popular spy thrillers. This is the remarkable tale of how Ian Fleming and his associations with the world of the occult actually led him to create a masterful series of clever clues, ciphers and codes within his novels, revealing a sacred truth discovered whilst searching for his own inner harmony."
The official press release says: "The Bond Code, reveals how Fleming included special etymological and numerological codes within his Bond novels to re-create ancient sacred tales of deep psychological importance. Drawing upon esoteric knowledge and an understanding of alchemy, Ian Fleming produced a work no different to the tales of the Holy Grail or dragon slaying fairy tales, within which lay the ancient understanding of human wisdom."
When I 1st came across the article, I have to admit I was a bit skeptical & also a bit of a believer in the possibility that there was some truth in the matter. As I checked out the book's website I did have an increase in my skepticism, but no coresponding decrease in my belief that it may be true.
Why do I believe there may be some truth to the claim? Let's start with the 2nd novel that the film was based on that set off the author on his quest, Live and Let Die. Anyone who has seen the movie knows the strong occult themes that are at the heart of the movie plot. & while there were some changes from the novel, those basic themes are just as present. The villian, Mr. Big, is a voodoo leader from a Caribbean island. Solitaire is a psychic & fortune teller. Baron Samedi, loa (spirit) of the dead also plays a part.
During WW II, Fleming was a part of Naval Intelligence (Code name 17F). According to his friend Ivar Bryce, he created a plan using British occultist Aleister Crowley as a way to trick Rudolf Hess into attempting to contact a fake cell of anti-Churchill Englishmen in Britain. I've also come across other evidence over the years showing Fleming's interest in the occult.
OK, now on to the skepticism. 1st of all there is the obvious, here is another book that makes a claim that there is a hidden meaing behind the original work. You can thank Dan Brown for this doubt, as well as the rest of the New Age wackos out there who have done the same with many a thing.
Looking at the author's background as an expert & promoter of the occult, new age & gnosticism didn't help to allay my skepticism. In fact, as I said, it raised the level. But, I also have to admit that his interest in these areas doesn't automaticly make him wrong in this case.
In fact, as I pointed out earlier, I suspect there may be some truth to his claims. If I come across a copy I will probably check it out. But I don't have plans for buying it because of the New Age connections of the author. Also, there are some interviews with the author on YouTube that I am listenning to. Time will tell if I am more fully convinced or not. But at this point I suspect the truth lies somewhere in between. I suspect that Ian Fleming did do some drawing on his occult connections. But, I highly suspect that there was no intentional secret hidden meaning in the books.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse