Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, October 12, 2007

John Denver

It was 10 yrs ago today that we lost 1 of my favorite musical artists in a plane crash. John Denver (nee Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.) was flying a Long-EZ aircraft (N555JD) off the coast near Pacific Grove, CA. Pilot error due to unfamiliarity with the aircraft and his failure to have the aircraft refueled were the causes of the crash.
John Denver ranked up there as 1 of the 3 singer-songwriters who's work defined a lot of who I was/am. The 1 thing that always saddenned me was that he was into a lot of New Age garbage. (My prayer is that somehow God was able to touch him before he died.) My KLOR (630 on your AM dial, Loras College) shirt had a nickname based on 1 of his songs. I'll admit that at times he could be pure corn, but then since I'm from Iowa, what's wrong with that? I think that even today his influence of Pop, Rock, Folk & even Country remains MOSTLY under if not unappreciated.
Ironically, for me, his last album that came out just before his death was 1 that had a special meaning because of its theme. All Aboard! was supposedly a children's album of train songs. But a lot of them are classic folk music train songs from the 20s to the 60s.
There are way too many songs to post all my favorites. & I couldn't find a video for my #1 favorite Friends With You. But here are a few of the best of the best.
Thank God I'm a Country Boy!
Annie's Song
(for his 1st wife Annie Martell)
Rocky Mountain High
The Tonight Show
Some Days Are Diamonds
Farewell Andromeda
(Welcome to My Morning)
FAR OUT !!!!!
Thank God for you Country Boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse