Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, September 02, 2007

We Have Another Winner!

The other day in a post (Here's a Catholic Priest Who Takes His Shepherding...) I talked about a contest being held by Fr. Erik Richtsteig to come up with a caption of a picture of him holding his new rifle (a Springfield Model 1861 repilca). I also put up the picture in the post along with my entry.
Well guess what, I won. Yes, I was a bit surprized. Here is how Fr. R put it: " The winner is Al, aka Bill the Cat, for "SHHHHHHHHH!!!! Be veewy vewy quite, I'm hunting 'HARE'etics!" Every time I read it, I hear it in Fudd voice and can't stop laughing. Al, a Mass will be said for your intention (as long as it has nothing to do with Jeane Kirkpatrick. :) ) " (HUH???????????) There were a lot of excellent captions that I thoght were just as good. According to Fr. R there were several close 2nd runners up: "The Caveman for, "Yippie-ki-yay, meus frater"; Dim Bulb for, "Excuse me, ma'am. Did a whiny Swiss theologian just run by here?" and "I can shoot a copy of McBrien's CATHOLICISM out of the hand of a seminarian at fifty paces" and "When the albino monks fail, they call me."; and Viscount Sir Regular Paul for, "I am their shepherd. They are my flock. Back off."" He also gave a " special award to Vincenzo for the the cool picture. (see at right) He gets a special Mass for his intention." He also promised "A Mass for the collective intentions of all who participated will also be offered. (Hmmm, I am starting to feel like Dumbledore at the end of the year feast.)"
I'll be e-mailing my Mass intention to Fr. R shortly. Hopefully he won't be saying it doing his Elmer Fudd imitation.
Now if only I could figure out a way to come up with the winning lottery numbers for Powerball. (& NO! that WILL NOT be my prayer intention.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse