Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Sunday, September 30, 2007

1 Small Complaint

Believe it or not, I actually have 1 small complaint about American Life League. & I use the word "small" intentionally. The reason I opted to use that word is because I have occasionally been fustrated when I go to ALL's Pro-Life Store to look at getting a new T-shirt. When I get there I find something I like. Then I check out the sizes available &, you guessed it, they don't have my size. I need a 2XL to 3 XL (depending on the shirt) & I have found that the shirt I want is not available in a size any larger than XL.
What set this off is that I received the latest issue of ALL's magazine Celebrate Life Saturday. On the back page was an ad for the T-shirt shown to the left. I really liked it. & I wanted to get 1. Then I saw the sizes listed. (S, M, L, XL) So much for that idea. I know that a lot of what sizes are available depends on variables like the cost of the plain t-shirts (2XL & 3XL often cost more). But I ask ALL to please do its best to maintain the high quality of the T-shirts while trying to get more in a larger size that some of us need to be able to wear the shirt.
Anyhow this will NOT, (I repeat NOT) stop me from supporting ALL & the hard work that Judie Brown, Jim Sedlek (StoP Planned Parenthood) & the rest of those at ALL are doing. In fact with things like the recent events in Aurora, IL where Planned Parenthood is attempting to open a clinic using fraudulent tactics, what ALL & other Pro-Life groups are doing is more important than ever. They need your financial support as well as your prayers & time to get involved in the activities they sponsor when possible.
While I am on the Pro-Life subject, I would remind you that October is Respect Life Month & many Pro-Life Groups (like DBQ Co Right to Life) have events scheduled throughout the month.. The previously mentioned 40 Days for Life prayer campaign that started last week is 1 thing that it is still not to late to get involved in. Next Sunday (7 Oct) is set aside by the USCCB as Respect Life Sunday (2007 Statement by Cardinal Rigali). It is also the day that Pro-Life groups throughout the USA have their Life Chain. & the work that Joe Scheidler & the Pro-Life Action League are doing to keep Planned Parenthood out of Aurora, IL needed your prayers & support.
Maybe I won't always get a T-shirt I want to wear. But, that is only a small part of what I can, should & MUST do in the battle to defend life. If all I am doing is wearing a T-shirt (or precious feet pin) & nothing else, then I am using that as an excuse to not do all that I can. T-shirts & pins are an effective tool to witness to the Pro-Life message. I have gotten questions about both. But, as I said, they are only a part of what every Pro-Life person can & should do. The above events (as well as those listed in the column on the right) need your active support as do the groups listed on the right. No 1 can support them all, but if every Pro-Life person supports a few with time & talent as well as finances then together we will have an effect. Another important thing is to support truly Pro-Life candidates for political office, even a city council or county board of supervisors race has (as Aurora shows) the potential for Pro-Life issues to come up. Blogging is another tool. & no matter what else you do, begin, end & undergird it all with prayer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse