Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We Have a Winner!

James Wigderson of Wigderson Library & Pub recently announced a contest to select a campaign theme song for Hillary Clinton. The prize for the winning song was Big Willies Edible Cigar. There were many good entries that would have been appropriate for Hilly's campaign. The winner: Devil With A Blue Dress. The person who sumbitted the winning song, me. So, soon my prize will be winging its way to me. In his post announcing We have a winner, he said he is expecting me to get my prize "personally autographed as Hillary campaigns for the Iowa Caucus".

I can't guarentee that I'll be able to be able to do so. Hilly is looking for interns for her DBQ office. Unfortunately, I am too old to get the job. Besides, I doubt if she would appreciate the connection of cigars, interns & blue dresses (stained or not).
For those of you who may not know the song, it was recorded by Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels. In the movie Repossessed Leslie Nelson plays a priest who is called upon to do an exorcism on Linda Blair. In the process of the exorcism he sings (lipsyncs actually) the song backed up by Pope John Paul. (See if you can guess the various artists he spoofed.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse