Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Daniel Myers - A "Fresh" Voice in Politics

I've said it before, I enjoy seeing young people getting involved in the political process. & I will do what I can to encourage them. That is part of the reason I became an advisor to the College Republicans at Loras.

My desire to encourage the next generation is the purpose behind this post. Some months ago I heard from a young man by the name of Daniel Myers. Daniel is a 16 yr old from Tennessee who has his own blog, Politics One. He began the blog in October 2006. This is the raison detat as well as raison d'etre he gives for his blog: "A "Fresh" Voice in Politics. Daniel Myers Brings you Valuable Information about National Politics, Current Events and the 2008 Presidential Race for ALL Parties and Candidates. -It's about bringing a Voice to the Voiceless!" Since then he has also begun his own talk radio program on BlogTalk Radio entitled (naturally) Politics One.
Things have come a long way since I was his age. He has so many tools out there that, thanks to the internet, I never had back then. When the USA started it took weeks & months for political news & info to be disseminated. Then the telegraph & telephone came along & even though the information was sent faster, it still had to wait for the paper to come out for most people to learn about it. Radio & TV sped up the process as live feeds & satellites came along to the point that we got live pictures from the Moon (but sometimes we still can't do so from some places on Earth). Each step of the way there were pioneers who saw the potential & took the risks needed to blaise the trail for those that followed.
Like those early radio & TV broadcasters, he is helping to open up new vistas. He is pioneering the future of politics.
Daniel has worked hard to accomplish what he set out to do with both the blog & the talk show. & from what I have seen he has succeeded. His posts often raise some interesting topics. The result is often some lively discussion. He also reports a lot of bits of news that often get lost in the shuffle.
They same can be said about his talk show. He has had a lot of Presidential candidates from the various parties on his talk show. He is still trying to get some of the top names from the Democratic & Republican parties. & I fully expect him to succeed at this as well.
Recently I e-mailed him with some questions. I wanted to find out a little about him & his experiences. I also did so to be able to write this post so I could promote & support his work. Like I said, I like to encourage the next generation who will be responsible for the future of our country.
Anyhow, here is the interview. When you are done, be sure to check out his blog & radio program. & don't forget to vote in his polls.
Q1: Thanks for taking time to answer a few questions. Tell us a little about yourself. How old are you?
A1: 16

Q2: Where are you in school? What sort of activities are you involved in at school?
A2: I am homeschooled

Q3: What about outside of school? Besides you PoliticsOne activies what are you involved in
A3: I used to work for a sign company making yard signs for realtors, campaigns, and businesses etc. But I am now a Public Relations for a local AM Radio Station here in my hometown

Q4: How about music, any special types that you like, artists that interest you most, are your favorites?
A4: I really only listen to Christian Music, my favorite artists are Israel Houghton, Hillsong, and Jeremy Camp

Q5: How about books?
A5: My Favorite book would have to be Saddams Secrets by Georges Sada

Q6: How about Movies?
A6: Anything to do with Action, Adventure, and Mystery I'm all for it!

Q7: How about TV?
A7: The shows I love to watch are CSI and Heroes, I also watch a little of American Idol

Q8: What got you interested in poltics in the 1st place?
A8: When my dad made his first run for public office in 2001 I was 10 years old, I learned alot about Politics and how it works. I enjoyed so much and I guess it stuck with me.

Q9: What led you to decide to create your blog, Politics One?
A9: Well for two reasons, 1. I enjoyed Politics and telling people about it, I thought by starting a blog what better way to do so. 2. I heard the cry for a Bi-Partisan Report in Politics, people want to hear the positive, negative, and inside scoop from all the parties and candidates. That's something major news coverages won't do.

Q10: What has been the reaction to it from your readers?
A10: I have had a HUGE Positive Response from thousands of readers. I have only had two negative people so far both upset at me being involved in Politics at such a young age.

Q11: What has been the reaction from Candidates?
A11: Every Candidate I have contacted has contacted me back. It has been an honour to talk to the variety of Candidates. My goal is to get other well known Politicians on the show.
Q12: Are there any interesting stories about any of your posts?
A12: Oh yes!! I have gotten to talk with many other Politicians and Party Leaders and have been able to get the "inside story" on many HOT Topics that most would not have heard. I recently did an article about how a Minor Democrat announced his run for President yet cannot do so because he was born in another country. Its pretty cool actually.

Q13: You also have a talk show on Blog Talk Radio. What led you to decide to do that?
A13: Sometimes It's hard for my viewers and myself to express themselves through writing, its better just to do it in voice conversation. A friend I met through Politics told me about Blog Talk Radio and I got interested right away. Since then I have been featured as a Special Host and am even on the Site's Recomended Shows.

Q14: I know that you are trying to get as many of the candidates from all of the parties that you can. What has been the response so far?
A14: I would say about 95% of the Candidates I contact agree to come on to the Show for an Interview or plug in. Its been a blessing.

Q15: Who is (are) the candiate(s) you haven't heard from that you would most like to get?
A15: I would love to get Candidates like Giuliani, McCain, Clinton, Obama, and Edwards

Q16: Are there any other figures like President Bush, VP Cheney, Nancy Pelosi that you have tried to get on the show?
A16: I am working with 4 well known Politicians to try and get them on the show, they are RNC Chair Martinez, TN US Senator Bob Corker (R), Fmr. US Senator and Presidential Candidate Mike Gravel (D) and US Senator Chris Dodd (D)

Q17: What has been the listener reaction?
A17: Amazing, many call ins and questions. I had 1,800 listeners a couple of weeks ago. It was my best show yet.

Q18: When you finish HS what are your plans, college, job etc?
A18: I plan on getting a degree in Political Science, and if not run for office at least continue in Political Communication.

Q19: What about politics, your blog etc, will you continue them?
A19: Absolutely. I enjoy it to much to quit.

Q20: What do you see as the key issues in the 2008 Presidential election?
A20: Most of my viewers seem to be concerned about our National Security and Imiigration. I would have to agree with them.

Q21: Any predictions?
A21: Yes, don't be surprised if a Democrat or Republican does not win the Presidency in 2008

Q22: Is there anything else you would like to add?
A22: I want to say thanks very much for allowing me to express my answers with you and your viewers. I encourage them to check out my blog at www.politicsone.blogspot.com where they can catch up on the inside stories and also vote on polls. Also add me on myspace and facebook if they'd like www.myspace.com/politicsone http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=593806700 And also catch my shows which air LIVE every Tuesday and Thursday Night at 7:00 PM EST. Visit www.blogtalkradio.com/politicsone to listen LIVE, check my schedule and catch previous shows.
Again, thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Mille grazie!
I'd like to end with a prediction of my own. I think Daniel is going to go far. & when he gets elected president I expect him to appoint me as ambassador to the Vatican or Italia. I may be joking a little, but if he ever did decide to run, I wouldn't be surprized if he won.
(Photo: Daniel Myers from His BlogTalk Radio website)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse