Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Presidential Poll - Update #3

It is time to update the results of my presidential poll. At the end of February I had 523 votes for the various candidates. Since then there have been 167 more votes for a total of 690. Except for the top 2 the order remains the same for the top 10. What I find interesting is the positions of what the media considers the top 3 candidates. None are in the top 5, McCain is 6 & Romney 7, & Giuliani is in 11th place , slightly ahead of Condi Rice, who isn't running. 2 of the top 10, Watts & Santorum, have said they aren't running & another, Gingrich, hasn't decided yet. Like I've said before, I know this isn't scientific. But I do find it interesting to see how different my readers view the race, for whatever reasons, than what the polls, etc, show. I don't know if this says my readers are smarter, or are closer to the real heart of the Republican party, or what?
Anyhow here are the top 10 along with # of votes, % of votes & previous position(P).
Position --------- # --- % --- P
1. R. Smith ---- 206 -- 30 --- 2
2. Brownback - 161 --- 23 --- 1
3. Santorum ---- 59 --- 9 ---- 3
4. Hagel -------- 54 --- 8 ---- 4
6. Gingrich ----- 42 --- 6 ---- 5
7. McCain ------ 30 --- 4 ---- 6
8. Romney ----- 28 --- 4 ---- 7
9 (tie). Tancredo 18 --- 3 ---- 9
9 (tie). Watts --- 16 --- 2 ---- 9
The recent announcement by Fred Thompson that he may be entering the race, as well as the definite no by some of the people on my list means that I probably will be keeping this poll going for about another month or so. At that time I will probably take out all those definitely not running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse