Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Iraqi Truth Project

I just finished watching an interesting 27 min. video titled The Making of Weapon of Mass Destruction. It is about the making of a documentary called Weapon of Mass Destruction: The Murderous Reign of Saddam Hussein.

The documentary is about the rise & fall of Saddam Hussein & his partner Chemical Ali. The video showed some scenes from in, including the uncovering of the mass graves of Saddam's victims.
This documentary looks like it has plenty to add to the discussion about what really happenned in Iraq under Saddam. Not having seen the documentary itself, I can't comment on how accurate it is. But, if even half of the claims the video says the movie makes are supported by facts, then Saddam is definitely in the same league as Hitler & Stalin.
What is needed right now is an honest look at the facts to get to the truth. I am sick of all the political positioning about this issue. I wonder how many people on either side want the truth out there? I suspect that there are more on the Republican side (except for the paleo-con isolationists like Pat Buchanan) than on the Democratic side. The reason I believe this is true: that even though most of mainstream media has tried to make it look like President Bush & Prime Minister Blair were wrong, lied & mislead us, I have seen enough slip through that makes me think that we were right to get rid of Hussein. He was a mass murderer & what he did needed to be stopped. I only wish it could have been done by more peaceful means. I hate war & want to see it avoided if possible. But, sadly, it seems to me that it couldn't have been. Most of those opposing it are doing so, not because they are against war so much as they are against President Bush. I have no respect for them. However, I do believe that there are some who are sincere in their oposition to using violence. I respect the right for them to have that opinion, even if I disagree with it.
Right now we need to be patient & give Iraq the time to rebuild. It is past being a political issue in my mind. We forget our Revolutionary War went from 1775-1781 & it wasn't til 1787 that the Constitution was written. George Washington became President in 1789. & it took some time even after that until we got the government working. That is a total of over 14 yrs. That the Iraqis are as far as they are so quickly is to their credit.

You can watch the Making video at:
http://www.iraqitruthproject.com/

Do so with an open mind & pray that the truth does get out.
(Caution: There are some scenes that may be upsetting.)

PS I know that some people will say that as a Catholic I should have opposed the war because Pope John Paul did. The fact is, he called for all peaceful means to be used 1st. He never condemned the war, to my knowledge. (If someone can provide a reliable source to prove me wrong, I will welcome it. It has to be 1 that can be proven to accurately quote the Pope, not simply be someone's interpretation saying this is what he/she thinks the Pope said.) What I stated above is how I viewed Saddam back then & how I view him now. Too mkuch leading up to the war was reminiscent of what lead up to WW II. & too many of the denials of Saddam's mass murders is to similar to the denials of the holocaust.
In the end, I go back to what I have said in previous blogs, without Jesus as Lord these wars will continue. Only Jesus can change hearts. Sin is the root of all wars. Jesus calls us to repentance & change. He gives us His Spirit to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse