Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, December 31, 2004

Another year over

As I write this it is less than a 1/2 hr until 2005 begins here in DBQ. It seems like it was just yesterday since this year began & not that long ago we were fretting about Y2K. Time has a way of going forward no matter what we do.

How was 2004 for me? That is a good question. It had it's sad moments. I just found out an old friend passed away. Her faith in Jesus was the central part of her life. It helped sustain her through her struggles of the last few years. Now she is at rest. May Jesus welcome her into heaven.

The end of the year is a reminder of the precious gift that life is for us. God has made each of us as a unique reflection of His love. Each year we see published a list of those famous (& sometimes infamous) people who have died. Yet we forget how many others have died who's names mean nothing to most of us, yet ment something to someone. Each of those lives has value. Just as much as anyone famous.

Yes, there was plenty to be sad about. We have seen 1 of the worst natural disasters in a long time. The loss of life is almost incomprehensible. Prayers for all the victims & their families is important. But, it is also important to help by giving to those relief agencies that are helping the survivors.

Some people might say I'm being morbid by focusing in on the bad. That would be true if that is all I looked at. It is important to acknowledge these events. But, without downplaying their import, there was a lot of good that also happenned this year.

Yet, it is so much easier to only focus in on the bad.

God has blessed me with some really good friends. This year 1 of them graduated from college. Another just bought his 1st house. Their joys have made things much brighter. I have spent some great times doing things with them.

This year saw me having the opportunity to see President Bush in person. I've enjoyed the God given beauty of our arboretum & river walk. I've seen an eagle soar. I've seen the beaty of the stars & planets. Creation truly gives glory to God.

But, the most important thing that I've seen in the past year is my spiritual growth. It is hard to explain this without sounding like I'm bragging. But I'm not. Because I have to give the credit to the Holy Spirit working in me.

This is just a small bit of everything I could say. In the end I am thankful to God for the blessing 2004 was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse