Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Buon Giorno!

I am sure that some people are wondering at where I got my title from. Simple, it is a line from the movie 1776. John Adams says it at the point when it seems that his work for independence from England is about to fail. Yet, as we know, the Continental Congress does declare independence. John Adams was a person who stood up for & fought for what he believed in. He was willing to speak out for what was right even when it wasn't popular. At times he could be obnoxious & disliked (his own words).
A bit about me. My maternal grandparents were from Italy & I am proud of my Italian heritage. My dad's side has provided me with a bit of German. English & Scots. I grew up in the town of Oelwein, IA. 3 blocks away from the Chicago Great Western RR yards. Trains are 1 of my hobbies. My other big interest is astronomy. I have been involved in politics since I was a child. My party affiliation may have changed, but my belief in the importance of being involved that comes from my love of this country hasn't.
So, here I am, starting my own webblog. I'll be commenting on a variety of things. I hope that what I share will cause people to think & at times, be moved to action. I am motivated by my belief in God & my Catholic (Roman branch) faith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse