Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Bit More on the RoboCalls About Newt

Yesterday I put up a post about several RoboCalls I had gotten about Newt Gingrich & the group behind them. (What Is the Real Reason behind These Calls) Later I found out who is the person actually behind Iowa ProLife Action. The person is Aaron Dorr. I have also found out that these calls are part of a 2-pronged attack on Newt Gingrich. He is also the person behind a gun owner rights group (Iowa Gun Owners) that is also making RoboCalls about his votes on gun owner issues. (UPDATED: Robo-calls in Iowa accuse Newt Gingrich of ‘anti-gun record’)
That call script follows a similar tact. It focuses on Gingrich's failure to return a presidential gun rights survey & then goes on to give what they see as the reason. In this case, Gingrich's support for the Brady bill. While not as inaccurate, it doesn't perfectly reflect Gingrich's record either.
I can't speak as to why Gingrich hasn't responded. I do know that Gingrich is a member of the NRA
That lead me to something interseting. I also found that this group is affiliated with another group that seems to think the NRA isn't strong enough on gun rights.
Another fact that is interesting is that Dorr's name does not appear anywhere, at least as far as I can tell, on either of the websites of the groups he started. It isn't like he isn't known to be a part of the groups. So why isn't he as out front as he should be?
Which leads me back to my question, what is the real reason behind these calls? I have no problem with Dorr being opposed to Gingrich. I do object to resorting to lies & half-truths however as they damage to the efforts to defend gun owners rights & defend the unborn. & why does Dorr feel he has to use them to get his message across when there are other ways.
As a reminder, as I pointed out yesterday, I am a Ron paul supporter. But I am willing to give Gingrich the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise that he is telling the truth, esp on the Pro-Life issues. Looking at his record in Congress is fair game for raising questions. But to say that he is lying now because he took the wrong stands then isn't right, or fair. So I repeat that I think there is more behind this than meets the eye. Dorr's actions are coming accross as a personal vendetta that has to do with a lot more than any Gingrich stands, past or present. I have no idea what the reasons behind that vendetta are. & I could be wrong about there being more. But I still think it looks like there is a whole lot more than meets the eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse