Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Tu scendi dalle stelle

Once again it is Christmas, & once again I fully intend to keep a tradition going that I started 3 years ago. Tu scendi dalle stelle was written by by Saint Alfonsus Maria de' Liguori. & while I am sure he never envisioned it quite this way, I am sure he would see it in light of what Jesus said about becoming like little children:



Once again, we go from the lighthearted to a little more serious rendition. This year I present Andrea Bocelli's version. I opted for his version based on the story that came out a few months ago about how the dottori wanted his mother to abort him.



& now that you have got it, let's all sing along (& no, that is not the Wicked Witch of the West, it is La Befana. I think there had to be a better version of her out there but since I didn't have anything to do with making the video, I have to live with it):




Tu scendi dalle stelle,
O Re del Cielo,
e vieni in una grotta,
al freddo al gelo.

O Bambino mio Divino
Io ti vedo qui a tremar,
O Dio Beato
Ahi, quanto ti costò
l'averci amato!

A te, che sei del mondo
il Creatore,
mancano panni e fuoco;
O mio Signore!

Caro eletto Pargoletto,
Quanto questa povertà
più mi innamora!
Giacché ti fece amor
povero ancora!


Auguri di Buon Natale

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse