Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Monday, November 01, 2010

A Prediction for Tommorrow's Election

Last year at this time, if you asked me whether I expected that "Catholic in Name Only", Pro-abort Iowa Speaker of the House & inveterate liar Pat Murphy would lose his reelection bid tommorrow, I would have said NO. Given the strong Democratic leaning & union support, I would have said that even though a candidate should run, until Murphy steps down, he probably would lose.
But that was a year ago. & that was before Paul Kern announced he was running for Pat Murphy's seat. Today I am going to predict that Paul will win tommorrow. & if by some chance I am wrong, it will be very close.
When Paul decided to run, he explained to me a little of his stealth strategy. It worked. & a lot of it was simply because of Pat Murphy's arrogance which has turned off a lot of the voters. But even more, I think a lot of people are fed up that Murphy cares more about power than representing the people of his district. He is the poster boy for out of state contributions being funneled through someone. OK, I am not against out of state contributions, I have done so myself to help good candidates. In Murphy's case, when you look at where the money is coming from, & the fact that he gave a lot of it to other Iowa candidates reeks of a power play, not pure motives of supporting fellow Dems.
A big reason I feel so confident that Murphy is on his way out is all the signs for Paul I have seen arround town. This ad he made is not an exageration, but a small sampling of the support I see for him.



Either way, after tommorrow, Pat Murphy will no longer be Speaker as the Republicans should regain control of the Iowa House in the Legislature. & definitely the next Governor of Iowa will be former Governor (& Pro-Life Catholic) Terry Branstad. & it is looking like Planned Parenthood's buddy in the Attorney General's Office may be looking for a new job as well.
As I said, I fully expect Paul Kerns (PaulKerns28) to win tommorrow. & Pat Murphy will finally have to answer for his support of abortion, embryonic stem cell research & gay marriage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse