Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Monday, January 25, 2010

An Interesting Reflection on 23 Jan 1973

Found this on the blog of a friend of mine who is a seminarian for the Rockford Diocese. He is 2 months away from being ordained to the deaconate, God willing.

On turning 37…
Dear friend,
This week I turn 37.
It’s hard to believe. How time flies. January 22, 1973 seems like so long ago. I’m the oldest in my family. It’s a pretty big family, but I’ll explain that later.
If you’re a boomer, you probably don’t think much of my generation — Gen X. But that’s because we’re a threat to you! My generation is changing the world! Just think of all that has happened in the world these past 37 years…
The end of Vietnam. Watergate. Jimmy Carter. Actually, I don’t remember much from the 70s, since I was just entering elementary school when Ronald Reagan became president.
I loved the 80s. That’s when I grew up, but I had no idea just how much the world was changing.
Then, the Berlin Wall fell. I’ll never forget that day in November, 1989. I was 16 and on top of the world. I can remember my history teacher telling me that the world would never be the same. He was right.
Then, something even more dramatic developed. The Internet. If you want to understand me and my generation, then go online. When I was in college, a few of my friends saw it coming. We helped start a revolution online. And don’t believe it when they say the Internet bubble has burst. The only thing that has burst is the old way of doing business.
Now, I’m working on my third business startup — all by the time I reached 33. Not bad, eh? I got married four years ago, and we’re expecting our first child in three months. A new generation begins…
Except for one problem.
You see, I wasn’t actually born on January 22, 1973. In fact, I wasn’t born at all.
I never was given the chance to take even that first breath – never mind then the millions of breaths that would have followed over these 37 years.
Not a single breath.
That’s because of something else that happened on January 22, 1973.
Seven Supreme Court justices made a decision that would dramatically affect my life – and the lives of over 5- million others who would never take a breath.
That’s my family. And it’s growing every day. In fact, in the next 24 hours the family of abortion victims will grow by dozens more than the number of people who died when the Trade Center buildings collapsed.
The cleanup from 9/11 took a long time and finally was considered finished. But the clean up from 1/22/73 keeps going on and on!
And to think it was all based on a lie. Jane “Roe” of Roe v. Wade was lied to. And so were you – if you believed even for a moment that the mass of tissue wasn’t a human life.
That mass of tissue was I!
My goal here isn’t to make you feel guilty. Rather, think of me – or what could have been me – the next time the topic of abortion comes up.
Think of me graduating from high school and going to college. Think of me getting married and having children. Think of me celebrating my birthday with family and friends.
Think of me turning 37.
–Anonymous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse