Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Saturday, June 27, 2009

An Award


Paul over at Thoughts of a Regular Guy gave me the above award. In accepting the award there are 3 requirements. The 1st is to thank the person who bestowed the award upon me as well as provide a link.. So: "Mille grazie Paul!" (Link already provided).
2) Share "ten honest things" about myself.
a: Pope Paul VI, Olivia Newton-John & I share a birthday.
b: Both my grandfathers & 1 of my maternal great grandfathers worked for the Chicago Great Western Railroad in Oelwein. (Not sure if any of them ever met Walter Chrysler when he worked there.)
c: I am an accomplished Italiano cook.
d: The most famous person I ever met, political - VP Dan Quayle. Actually got to spend some time talking to him 1 on 1.
e: Most famous person, Catholic leader/Television personality - Mother Angelica. I was 1 of her bodyguards when she spoke her in DBQ (1984) & also spent some time with here down at EWTN (1989)
f: Haven't made the final connection yet, but may be related to a future saint of the Catholic Church - Venerable Sr. Elena Aiello.
g; President John Adams is a hero of mine, the most underappreciated of our Founding Fathers & IMHO the 1 man the USA owes the most to for our independence. (& ancestor of 1 of the bloggers whose blog will get the award)
h: Favorite Holiday - 4th of July
i: Favorite movie: 1776
j: #1 all time hero is my maternal Grandfather, Giovanni Stasi. Tried to show me how easy it was to ride a bike without training wheels when I was 5 & broke his arm as a result.
Bonus honest thing: Ideal World Series - Mets v Twins, Ideal Super Bowl - Jets v Vikings
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4) Tell those 7 people that they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving it.
Here they are:
Congratulations!

2 Comments:

  • At 27/6/09 10:07 PM , Blogger Simplex Vir said...

    Thank you so much I am proud to to have received it from such an outstanding gentleman!

    I will post it later.

     
  • At 28/6/09 9:48 PM , Blogger TH2 said...

    I was just whizzing by and reading your posts and I came across the award. Thank you very much, sir. It appears that the Caveman nominated me as well. Anyway, you are going to be included in my list of seven (I decided this before I became aware that you listed me - I came across Caveman's before hand).

    By the way - You said: "Haven't made the final connection yet, but may be related to a future saint of the Catholic Church - Venerable Sr. Elena Aiello" If so, that would be fantastic. I hope so. Please keep us apprised.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse