Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, November 21, 2008

Are You Civics Literate

Reading Dad 29's blog I came across a test to see how informed an American citizen I was. While I will disagree that what I missed was wrong, I still did better that average. I scored a 93.94%. The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. While I feel good about how well I scvored, the numbers are sad.
The quiz was taken from surveys by The Intercollegiate Studies Institute (ISI). Questions were drawn from past surveys & other nationally recognized exams. It doesn't say much for our education system does it? It also explains why so many people are willing to throw away their liberties for a government handout & letting "Big Brother" run things.

They ISI has a summary of its findings & what they mean. What was scariest part was that they found that "officeholders typically have less civic knowledge than the general public. On average, they score 44%, five percentage points lower than non-officeholders." This would explain a lot.

Click on the link to take the quiz: Civics Quiz.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse