Is Anybody There?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says Yahweh Sabaoth" Zach 4:6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Dio di Signore, nella Sua volontà è nostra pace!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin 1759

Friday, March 02, 2007

Those That Live by the Sword . . . .

Looks like Madonna is finally reaping a bit of what she sowed:

Madonna Tells 10-Year-Old Daughter Lourdes to Wear Less Sexy Clothes

My favorite line from the article is the 1 that I would nominate as the ironic statement of the week. Madonna is talking about what she tells her daughter about her wardrobe selection: " 'And please wear a belt because I don't want to see your butt crack when you bend over.' "

This from the same person who (as the article reminds us) "posed nude for her "Sex" book, simulated a sex act on a water bottle in her "Truth and Dare" movie, passionately embraced an African-American Jesus in her "Like a Prayer" video and kissed Britney Spears at the MTV Video Music Awards." & those are only the lowlites of Madonna's career.
Anyhow, I thought most mothers wanted their daughters to emulate them. In this case I guess not.
Remember this Madge?
"What if at a key moment in the game my, my uniform bursts open and, uh, oops., my bosoms come flying out? That, that might draw a crowd, right? " (Madonna as Mae Mordabito in "A League of Their Own".)
How about this?
"I'm wearing black underwear." (Madonna as Breathless Mahoney in Dick Tracy)
Let the hens come home to roost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

LifeSiteNews.com Headlines

↑ Grab this Headline Animator

Get this widget!
Visit the Widget Gallery
FaithMouse